Bake Cookies for Santa
Only two more days until Christmas! In “Christmas Elf”, Sam knows that when Santa arrives, he’s going to be hungry from visiting all those other houses. So he decides to bake some yummy gingerbread cookies and decorates them with frosting and sprinkles for Santa to eat.
Choose your favorite cookie recipe to bake some sweet treats for Santa. If you need some inspiration, here’s a recipe from one of our Speakaboos elves that you and your own super elf can make together:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten well
- 5 cups of flour
- 3 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 6 tsp of orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the shortening and sugar. Add vanilla and orange juice and mix. Beat the eggs well and add to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until a ball of dough is formed.
- Refrigerate the dough, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a lightly floured area. Flatten and roll out dough on the floured surface. Cut out your cookie shapes, decorate with sprinkles or chocolate chips. Bake on a lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges start turning golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
There’s only one more day in our #ChristmasElfCountdown and we’ve got one last holiday activity for you tomorrow.